[Vtigercrm-developers] Service Contracts
stevens at techtron.co.za
Fri Nov 14 01:01:17 PST 2008
Service contracts would be an excellent feature, look forward to the implementation.
From: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com [mailto:vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com] On Behalf Of Sreenivas Kanumuru
Sent: 13 November 2008 08:12 PM
To: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
Subject: [Vtigercrm-developers] Service Contracts
As we mentioned earlier, we will be supporting non-stockable (services) and stockable items (physical items) under Inventory products module. To take our new love for services further, we will be supporting Recurring Invoices and Service Contracts. We see these as two different things. Let me explain:
* Recurring Invoices: Invoices will be created automatically at the configured frequency. To support Recurring invoices, we plan to add a new section in the Sales Order to capture
* Start and End period
* Frequency (yearly, monthly)
* Service Contracts: Helps track professional and support service agreements. Service contracts are done at an item level in the Invoice. A Service contract could have the following fields.
* associated with Account
* Start Date, End Date, Tracking Unit [Hours, Days, Incidents], Total Units, Available Units. (ex: our Level 2 Support for small client is restricted to 4 tickets)
* is linked to Trouble ticket module. Each trouble ticket closed should automatically decrement the counter or the available hours.
* alert the client when limit is getting close.
* We can provide a button for each service line item in an invoice to create a service contract.
Before moving ahead, we would like to hear from you.
* Is Service contracts module useful?
* Do you have any suggestions to improve upon the above defined capability in Service Contracts?
We are wary of the Service Contracts exploding into a major piece of work, for example to help with SLA compliance..etc. We would like to keep this to a limited scope for now.
Please share your feedback.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vtigercrm-developers