[Vtigercrm-developers] VTiger Directory/File Permissions

James james.vt at stubbornroses.com
Mon Jul 29 18:12:11 GMT 2024

Apologies if this is somewhere in the documentation, or in this list
somewhere, but I was unable to find it. All I have found are basic
guides for very old versions of vtiger with directories that don't exist
on my system (8.2.0).

I want to harden my vtiger system as much as possible. I'm starting with
file permissions for now.

Ideally I'd like to do something like this:

cd /var/www/vtiger

chown -R www-data:www-data ./

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 550 {} \;

find ./ -type f -exec chmod 440 {} \;

Then I want to go add write permissions to whatever directories and
files really need it. Can I get a list of those (or a link to a doc)
please?

If there are additional security settings that can/should be enabled I'd
love to know those as well. I saw some references to adding htaccess
files in every directory to deny access, but this was for a very old
version of vtiger as well. If something like that is still recommended
I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks!

James