[Vtigercrm-developers] Logical operators in List View searches?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 09:03:38 GMT 2024

On 24/01/2024 16:51, Rubén A. Estrada Orozco wrote:
> I think maybe an additional select input with the options "does not
> contain", "exact match", "starts with", "ends with", "greater than",
> "less than", would be more user friendly. I wouldn't know how to resolve
> the OR, AND, etc.. in a user friendly way.

Hmm, but would you need to have this select in every column?

And what about if you wanted to combine search parameters? i.e.
-notthisstring AND (string1 OR string2).

To follow up on Martin's suggestion, I just realised that our Vlastic
Search extension module, that uses ElasticSearch in the backend, also
uses a very similar syntax to Google...

Here's an extract from our manual: