[Vtigercrm-developers] Upgrade vtiger 7.2 to PHP 8?

Sutharsan J ajstharsan at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:01:01 GMT 2023

Hi

We upgraded from 6.0.0 to 7.5.0

First noted down each code level customization. No need to worry about
custom fields and workflow.

Then upgraded database using vtiger migration upgrade script

Then port upgraded database to fresh instance of 7.5 code base

This will bring all custom fields, workflow and settings.

If there are custom modules you can just move the code from /modules and
/layouts

Then manually added each code level customization one by one if any core
changes.

This will be the perfect way if you know the customization list.  You can
use meld or win merge to compare.

Thanks
Sutharsan jeganathan

On Thu, 4 May 2023 at 17:21 socialboostdk <socialboostdk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sweet - thank you Alan!
>
> I will check out Meldmerge - sounds promising.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> On Thu, 4 May 2023 at 13:33, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> They are quite significant, but not a whole step change...
>>
>> I'd migrate the vtiger to 7.5.0 first, on a test server, then port the
>> code changes/modifications from 7.2.0 into that and then test it on php8.
>>
>> Meld [1] is a great tool for helping to merge modifications...
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Al
>>
>> [1] https://meldmerge.org/
>>

>> On 04/05/2023 12:20, socialboostdk wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I have a client who wants to upgrade server to PHP 8, running Vtiger
>> 7.2
>> > with some slight modifications.
>> >
>> > Has anyone done this? Ie. I know that Vtiger 7.5 is PHP 8 compatible,
>> > but does anyone know how large the changes are?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> > Chris

>> > http://www.vtiger.com/

Development Manager