[Vtigercrm-developers] Custom modules and migrating to vt7.5.0

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 07:01:40 GMT 2023

On 25/07/2023 18:50, Steve Kenow wrote:

> Having gone through a migration using all the steps of the UI, I know
> that I get prompted to deactivate any custom modules before proceeding.
> What's the 'right' way to do this and have the menu entries built?

I generally to use a modified set of migration scripts when moving from
significant version to version, e.g. v5.x to v7.x or v6.x to v7.x, and
run them from the command line.

The process I use is something like this...

1. Install a completely new and clean 7.x. system (or whatever is the
latest version)

2. Copy the custom module code into this clean vtiger and then modify
the code/port the extensions so they work correctly in your new vtiger

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ud-ddTHFfKeuJ6DciVJHNr8B5IR_v_gEBvPXa9TFbZs/edit

2. Extract your source system and copy over the /storage and /test
directory contents (You can install it alongside - sometimes that helps
when testing stuff).

3. Drop the clean vtiger database and import the source vtiger database
into the clean system

4. Run the migration scripts, in-order, within the new system

5. Clean up anything that's broken ;-)

HTH