[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger_inventoryproductrel: comment vs description

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:07:25 GMT 2022

I've been working on migrating a customer's old vtiger 5,4 system to
version 7.

We noticed that some of the line item comments were getting truncated.
Further investigation showed this to be present in the original system
anyway. The "comment" column was a varchar with a length of 1500 chars.

In version 7 this column is type text (it gets changed in the 6.4.0 to
6.5.0 migration) so that's OK.

But I noticed that in this table, next to the comment column is a column
called "description" - this was already a type "text" in vtiger 5.4.0.

But in all the systems I have examined at this column only ever seems to
contain nulls. So what is it's purpose?

TIA