[Vtigercrm-developers] Correct way to Delete Entity records and related

Tiziano Morgia tiziano.morgia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:23:40 GMT 2022

Hi to all,
   we have a vTiger instance that contains a high number of custom modules
on which we import, through php scripts, a high number of data including
attachments.
   We therefore need to cancel the following types of data when importing
data and / or through scheduled activities:
- Records of custom modules
- Attachments to the records of the previous point (including associated
files on disk)
- Contain the number of records of the change history (if active on the
module). For example, keep the last 10 changes for each single entity.

We can delete it directly using db query ($adb->query("DELETE FROM xxx");)
but I think that there is a correct way, using the vtlib or similar, to
delete the three types of data, or not?
I tried to search but find nothing about it.
Has anyone had a similar need?

Thanks in advance,
Tiziano