[Vtigercrm-developers] Create file/attachment field

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 10:27:08 GMT 2022

On 22/01/2022 02:37, Rubén A. Estrada Orozco wrote:
> Thanks for the tips guys.
>
> I ended up using uitype 61 and had to modify CRMEntity.php

I don't recall having to change CRMEntity... It was a while back since I
did this for a customer but I am pretty sure I only had to copy some of
the methods from a supporting module into the one I wanted to support
file attachments.

Yes - I have a custom extension module (not published or available)
which has a UIType 61 field in it and there was no need to modify
CRMEntity.php.

> Alan, how do you manage to find old threads so easily?  I couldn't find
> a way to search this thing:
> http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/

Mostly I access the mailing list via gmane.org and NNTP. I have that set
up as an account in my Thunderbird client - it has most entries going
back to 2005. And Thunderbird has pretty good search facilities :-)

Cheers