[Vtigercrm-developers] Create file/attachment field

Rubén A. Estrada Orozco rulotec1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 02:53:06 GMT 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create an  upload field. Like the contact's image field but
this one should allow for pdfs, doc, xls, etc... not just images. The use
case is: make file fields mandatory, so that the user has to upload
something. Currently, with the documents module you can have related files,
but you cannot make them mandatory.

I've tried 2 approaches

1) Simply add a relation field linked to the documents module. After adding
the field, it looks like so:

[image: image.png]

But only the lookup button works. The add button doesn't do anything. What
I would like is that this modal would show up:

[image: image.png]

2) I've previously managed to add an image field (uitype 69) like so:
https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1635

So I tried using uitypes 28 and 61 to be able to upload other files
different from images. None of them seem to work.
A button like this is displayed in the edit view:
[image: image.png]
But the files do not get uploaded.

If someone has any tips or solutions so I don't have to spend a lot of time
on this, please let me know.

Saludos

Rubén