[Vtigercrm-developers] Default failover to admin if assigned_user_id is partially filled

Sukhdev Mohan s.mohan at myti.it
Thu May 13 09:50:03 GMT 2021

Hi,

I had random quotes assigned to the admin even though (apparently) the real users were present in the database. Due to bad written if statement I’ve found that
1. The system will accept a partially filled assigned_user_id and failover to use the admin as the default assignee. So if you’ve assigned_user_id = ‘19x’ you’ll find stuff assigned to the admin user
2. Same goes for the referred elements such as Orgs, In fact as a test I’ve deliberately put ‘account_id’ = ‘11x’ and it worked, it’s showing ‘—‘ as the org has been deleted.

I only tested the Quotes but I’m pretty sure it’s standard model for all the entities.

What I expect is an exception to be raised instead of a default, Or instead it’d be interesting to have this feature but have the possibility to choose which user is the failover or more in general for the mandatory fields a selection of action:
1. Failover to
2. Raise exception

So that in critical modules admin can be notified instead of silently working and for stuff like leads or you can choose what to do.

Best Regards,
Sukhdev Mohan | Software Developer