[Vtigercrm-developers] Any issues with latest MySQL?

Rubén A. Estrada Orozco rulotec1 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:16:20 GMT 2021

Sorry, it's not entirely clear to me: Is mysql 8.0 ok/recommended or not?

Uma, you are recommending 5.7, right?

Sukhdev, if I understand correctly, you are using 8.0 without any issues,
right?

Alan, did your client try 8.0? If so, was that a good choice?

>From wkipedia:
MySql
[image: image.png]

What about mariadb? what would be the recommended version in this case?
Mariadb
[image: image.png]

I think there should be a section about this on the wiki. maybe in the
release notes (https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/wikis/Release-Notes)
we should add the recommended versions of php, mysql/mariadb, apache/nginx.
Also include basic recommended configurations for each.

Saludos

Rubén