[Vtigercrm-developers] Let's make 7.4 fruitful

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Jun 18 11:28:50 GMT 2021

Hi All,

As I conveyed earlier, We weren't able to accomplish all the objectives.
But we made an effort to package a good set of improvements for release as
specified below.

   -

   Security fixes from internal team and community contribution
   -

      Issues labelled as security has been addressed, No open issues on
      security
      -

   Upgrading libraries via composer, Which inturn solves vulnerabilities
   through outdated libraries
   -

      We started with initial steps to introduce the composer, As it’s not
      complete so has been put on halt.
      -

   Making the product compatible with php 8
   -

      Couldn’t accomplish this
      -

   Import functionality enhancement
   -

      Few of the import related issues have been addressed, Now record
      numbering is supported in field mapping. So updating records via
import is
      easy
      -

   Login enhancement
   -

      Password security has been enhanced where password format is
      configurable
      -

   Enhancing webservice api's
   -

      Couldn’t do much with this, Minor bug fixes are been addressed
      -

   Additionally important enhancements through community is also accepted
   -

      We are happy to see the contribution from community and has been
      merged
      -

   Performance fixes
   - Optimization of record label computation. - Ref
      <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1523>
      - Eliminate MySQL CAST on datetime columns to improve performance -
      Ref <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1520>
      - Extend versioning support to all client side resources. - Ref
      <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1526>
      - Pre-Computation of username for better customization and
      performance. - Ref
      <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1529>
      - Provide hooks to plugin custom connectors and avoid modification in
      core files - Ref
      <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1535>
   - Around 20 bug fixes have been addressed.

Detailed information with references will be covered in Release Notes.

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:58 PM Sukhdev Mohan <s.mohan at myti.it> wrote:

> Great news!
>
> Which branch should we make pr to? In branch 7.4.0 I don’t see much
> differences, kindly tell the branche to refer.
>
> *Sukhdev Mohan*
> *Developer*

With
Best Regards