[Vtigercrm-developers] discount approval in quotes feature

Oleg Antonov oleg.a at pinstudio.ru
Wed Jun 16 17:24:25 GMT 2021

It is a part of a general access control problem.

Some cases require to deny access for a user depending on specific field
value AND role. For example, payments of the previous quarter should be
blocked from editing for anyone but admin. SalesOrder in Delivered state
can't edit no one except warehouse master.

Now vTiger allows access control only based on the "Assigned to" field. And
we have to assign old records to artificial user to prevent editing.