[Vtigercrm-developers] Readonly fields changes are not tracked neither supports workflows

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:28:16 GMT 2021

If we add a readonly field, we can not update its value using API, we need
to do a direct database query. And hence updates are not tracked neither
workflows can be set.

Ideally one would expect the readonly fields to be available in workflows
and that we can update its value via API, such as in an event handler to
keep a count of Opportunities in Contacts.

If we had support from workflows, it would be so easy, but currently we
need to implement code for that. Also for what has to happen next, such as
if count is greater than a certain number!

Correct me if I am wrong.