[Vtigercrm-developers] Product variants?

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Tue Jul 6 09:44:22 GMT 2021

Hi,

We do not have item details and custom fields options in the Open source
version. The best option we have is to write about the product in the Item
comment section . You can have one product and change these values when
creating quotes or invoices.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 6:11 PM Angelo Paglialonga <
info at angelopaglialonga.com> wrote:

> Well no, I meant custom columns in quotes, orders and invoices,
>  with fields chosen from services/products (color, size, and so on) and
> actual values saved in vtiger_invenoryproducts table.
>
> _______________
>
> Angelo Paglialonga
> Consulente per soluzioni CRM ad alto ROI.
>
> Telefono: 3386077866
> Skype: angelo.paglialonga
> Web: https://www.angelopaglialonga.com
>

> Il giorno 1 lug 2021, alle ore 14:02, nilay khatri <
> nilay.spartan at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> Use pricebooks?
>
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 4:46 PM Angelo Paglialonga <
> info at angelopaglialonga.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Chris! that’s exactly the use case making necessary to have custom
>> inventory fields in vtiger. This way you could have one product and
>> multiple colours and sizes. @uma what do you think?
>>
>> _______________
>>
>> Angelo Paglialonga
>> Consulente per soluzioni CRM ad alto ROI.
>>
>> Telefono: 3386077866
>> Skype: angelo.paglialonga
>> Web: https://www.angelopaglialonga.com
>>

>> Il giorno 1 lug 2021, alle ore 13:02, socialboostdk <
>> socialboostdk at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>

>> Hi there,
>>
>> Is there any smart way to make product variants? Hacks, modules, other
>> ideas?
>>
>> Ie, lets say I sell computers and they can have different colours, size,
>> etc. It could or could not affect pricing.
>>
>> Is there any way to do this (apart from making 100.000 records as
>> individual products of course)?
>>
>> :-) Chris

With
Best Regards