[Vtigercrm-developers] Let's make 7.4 fruitful

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Feb 5 12:35:40 GMT 2021

Hi,

Thank you! Below recorded is my response to the queries.

>>Can we work on export too, like Excel export? Had some clients wanting to
export to Excel directly without CSV… Would be nice to have some other
functionalities.

Mohan, for now we have not thought of any enhancements for export
operation, Please do file this has an enhancement in code.vtiger.com which
we can prioritize for later.

>>Can you be more specific on this? Will be there more api’s or you’re
working on improving the existing? I’m working on an UpSert like api (check
if exist then do update otherwise create it).

I will be sharing a detailed explanation on this soon, As this is in the
review cycle now.

>>Which other libraries are in update/upgrade list?

I am really looking forward to community suggestions on this. Whereas we
have thought about an adodb library upgrade, which adds more value to
performance.

>>why not uprade Jquery to last version ? Version 2 is now not more
supported. The last version is 3.5.1.

Matus, Thanks! for the suggestion.

Of Course we made an attempt to upgrade to the latest version 3.5.1, where
with the help of jquery migrate plugin we noticed
many conflicts that needed to be addressed with dependent libraries, which
are not having suitable updates for jquery 3.5.1. As altering the dependent
libraries core files is not a good idea we didn't pick up.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 2:42 PM Ing. Matus Sopko <sopko at its4you.sk> wrote:

> [...]
>    Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/commit/058dc1372a424fc702eaac660a1a7876de89ab15>
>    - Login enhancements to support secure passwords format - Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/commit/8dfd57421034ec0f7d431c4a4ad7aebb793d8953>
>    - Performance fixes - Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1529>, Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1535>, Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1526>, Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1523>, Ref
>    <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1520>
>
> On upgrading few more major libraries we will be including them through
> composer to support future upgrades.
>
> In the next cycle we will be working on these enhancements.
>
>    - Import functionality enhancement
>    - Enhancing webservice api's
>    - Few major library upgrades, On which we are looking for community
>    recommendations.
>
> Please do share your thoughts on major library upgrades you think that
> need to be picked, which adds value to the product. So we can prioritize
> going forward.
>
> Most importantly community contribution is most valuable, we are looking
> forward to encourage the same.
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 8:01 PM Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thanks! for the inputs.

>> changes are going to require an exceptionally large number of changes to
>> the code
>> Yes! Has this contains larger dependency we don't have plan to pick this
>> for 7.4

>> enhancement are you planning for?
>> Ruben, Here i mean to enhance the password policy to meet the standards
>> to make passwords strong.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 3:54 PM Sukhdev Mohan <s.mohan at myti.it> wrote:
>>
>>> Fair enough. In Vtiger 8 can we change also directory structures? As it
>>> is it’s vague, redundant and missleading eg. Dir test contains template
>>> caching and other stuff.
>>>
>>> I’d like to help with code update task, there’s. Still a lot of code
>>> which dated back to php 4 and that’s bad as php 8 will radically change the
>>> language itself. I believe this has to be done and it will provide vtiger
>>> with stability and will make it more secure.
>>>
>>> A nice to have feature will also be the possibility to unit test,
>>> developing by trial is a bit tedious :P
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> *Sukhdev Mohan* | *Software Developer*
>>>

>>> Il giorno 2 nov 2020, alle ore 15:55, Martin Allen <
>>> martin.allen at clystnet.com> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> I would definitely recommend that as the composer / PSR namespace
>>> changes are going to require an exceptionally large number of changes to
>>> the code, that the version number for this proposed release would be 8.0 -
>>> the changes are going to break almost every existing plugin/extension
>>>
>>> 7.4 can still be used for all other bugfixes/ new features with the aim
>>> for 8.0 to be the migration of the feature-set of 7.4 into the composer

With
Best Regards
Uma.S
Vtiger Team