[Vtigercrm-developers] Community Help: Set roadmap for 7.5.0

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 10:39:48 GMT 2021

Hi All,

Hope every one is keeping safe and well.

So as mentioned by Prasad from Vtiger's team, the extencations for next
version 7.5.0 are to fix bugs and it other contributions from the community.

So as a community it would be great to set a roadmap ourselves, take
responsibilities for tasks/issues that interest you and take the product
ahead.

The next version release is targeted for Jan 2022, giving us 4 months of
time.

My suggestion would be to split this into 3 + 1, keeping 3 months for
development contributions and last 1 month towards bug fixes and testing.

Given the short period of time, it would be wise to focus towards open
issues which are bugs, rather than introducing any new feature or trying to
enhance the framework. As the framework upgrades are planned for next major
version.

Ideally we can start a poll and which ever issues gets the highest vote can
be prioritized. But many of us might be already working on the open issues
or already have a fix, so let us first make a list of Contributors and
respective issues that they are interested in. Also, let's share the
feedback in the next 10 days which is on or before 20th Aug.

Based on this input then we can finalize the distribution of issues among
the contributors and take it forward.

Suggestions open, I am just initiating the thought.