[Vtigercrm-developers] [API]Problem with '&' in json

Sukhdev Mohan s.mohan at myti.it
Sat Apr 17 21:21:43 GMT 2021

Hello All,

I’m using pentane data integration and importing data into vtiger v7 through rest API’s.
I’m doing POST request (form-url-encode) and in the body I’ve this
elementType=Products&element={productname: “”, productcode: “”, description: “"}

Sometimes in the productname or description there is a “&” and as you can guess this breaks the json resulting in error. I’ve tried sending plain text and it doesn’t work either. How can I proceed?

Probably this is a bug and we need to re-design the API’s expecting the body as a json possible implementation:

{
	element: “ELEMENT”,
	data: {
	}