[Vtigercrm-developers] Let's make 7.4 fruitful

Oleg Antonov oleg.a at pinstudio.ru
Thu Sep 17 13:41:28 GMT 2020

Hi Uma

Let me share my ideas

1.It is good to have more options for the permission model: Choose owner
*user* and owner *group* in separate fields. It makes access settings more
flexible.
(Branch based business requires to limit access between branches. Necessary
for reports comparing branches, lead assignment etc.)
2. Make possible limit access to the records having particular value in
dropdown or date
(to not let edit previous year Invoices, or "Closed Win" Potentials etc)
3. Task management Kanban-like tool with 3 columns. Columns should
correspond to task statuses, not priority. Priority can be shown by bage
(like category in trello)
4. What about the Kanban view for Potentials?
5. Menu edit tool. Admin should have an option to put any module to any
column. For example, I want to see Leads in the Sales, it is impossible
without edit in the database
6. Last name is now mandatory. In Russian speaking countries we always ask
First name and almost never ask Last name (until contract printing). Would
be great to have an option to make it optional
7. Picklist edit tool. It allows you to edit color associate to a value.
When picklist value is localized in "New name" field you see not internal
value like "Closed won" but localized "Закрыто успешно". If you hit save,
say to change color, it instantly replaces internal value in the database
to localized one for all records. And you won't notice it.
8. Admin should have an access to edit all filters and reports

Maybe not all of them necessary for the community, just sharing points
where I had issues.

Oleg
PINstudio