[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger CustomerPortal API

Chris Landa stylesuxx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:48:59 GMT 2020

I have vTiger 7.3.0 setup with customerPortal. I can create new portal
contacts via API (/webservice.php). E-Mail is sent and they can login via
the web based customer portal.

I now want to be able to verify customers with their login credentials, I
am not sure how to accomplish this via API. I tried by querying for
Contacts (SELECT * from Contacts WHERE email='foo at bar.com' and portal=1
LIMIT 1;), but the result does not contain the password to check against.

Right now the only way I see how to accomplish this is to simply post to
/customerportal/index.php and see if that validates. This does not "feel"
right - am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Chris