[Vtigercrm-developers] Shared Lists - Shared Custom view - How to block higher roles from seeing all private lists

Emmanuele Maida emmanuele.maida at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:27:57 GMT 2020

Good morning to all. A vtiger feature has always left me very puzzled. Why
can those who have a higher role in the hierarchy (non admin) see all the
private lists created by the lower ones?

If there are 10 users each with 10 private lists, whoever is above them
will be forced to see 100 shared lists that may not even interest them.

I found some clues in modules/CustomView/models/Record.php, but I don't
understand what to modify to change this behavior.
I would like that only admin users can see all the private lists of those
below them, normal users should only see the shared lists.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me! Thanks!