[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger_Record_Model getRaw

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Tue Sep 1 13:19:28 GMT 2020

Hi Ruben,

By name rawData it means retrieval of data directly from DB without much
processing. So which can be utilized for specific operations. But for now i
can notice that this has only been used in title display on list contents
in popup, which can be replaced with header values itself.

We need to review this api to support it's full potential.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 12:58 AM Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <rulotec1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the references.
>
> But do you know what the purpose of rawData as a concept is? Why do we
> need it? what is it used for?
>
> Saludos
>
> Rubén
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:23 AM Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruben,
>>
>> During normal operations, record instance rawData is of not much use, As
>> from Module object we are always setting to 'false' (See
>> <https://sc.vtiger.in/screenshots/uma-sc-at-31-08-2020-20-46-38.png>)
>> where as in ListAjax operations i.e., getListCount, RecordCount, Pagecount
>> rawData is set to recordModel data (See
>> <https://sc.vtiger.in/screenshots/uma-sc-at-31-08-2020-20-47-22.png>)
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 7:18 AM Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <
>> rulotec1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> any idea of what the function getRaw is used for in the context of a
>>> Vtiger_Record_Model ?
>>>
>>> if I do
>>>
>>> $account = Vtiger_Record_Model::getInstanceById($id);
>>> $account->get('accountname'); //returns the account name
>>> $account->getRaw('accountname'); //returns null
>>>
>>> Here are the definitions:
>>> [image: image.png]
>>>

>>> Saludos
>>>
>>> Rubén