[Vtigercrm-developers] batch update task eats up memory

Rubén A. Estrada Orozco rulotec1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 03:32:12 GMT 2020

Hi everyone,

So I have a script that does something like this:

[image: image.png]
It gets data from an sql server database and updates accounts' fields in
vtiger.
It's a greatly simplified version, but the essence is that of the above
code.

I execute if from the command line. But after some time, I get an "Allowed
memory size of 92274688 bytes exhausted"
In this example I use only 5000 records instead of the actual ~32k I need
to update. And I lowered PHP's memory_limit to 88MB from 1GB to be able to
get to the error quickly.

What you can see in the following screenshots is that memory usage keeps
increasing until all available memory is exhausted. Why would that happen?
I thought it should remain  constant. It's as if PearDatabase was eating up
the memory.

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

This is supposed to run a few times a day and it needs to be efficient.

Any thoughts?

Saludos

Rubén