[Vtigercrm-developers] Features DevOps friendly and other nice to have features

Sukhdev Mohan s.mohan at myti.it
Thu Oct 22 14:36:40 GMT 2020

Hello All,

We have been using VTiger and we are now trying to use DevOps. With other projects we set 3 three environments
1. Dev - local/vm/docker/vagrant
2. Test - Our Server
3. Prod - Client’s server

The ideal developing cycle is we have multiple branches on out private repo for local dev, these branches than merges into the develop which is on Test env, after it’s tested out we release it to the clients server. Sometimes client can access the test env so that we can fix issues before release.

We would like to do the same with Vtiger but we have a STRONG limitation: vtiger_crmentity, vtiger_crmentityseq and the variations done to vtiger_field, vtiger_fieldmodulerel, vtiger_ws_entity, vtiger_entityname and so on and so forth. Basically the local db can’t be different because there is no migrations which trace the sql which changes the db structure.

So is there any way to capture the queries you perform, for example table creation, table alter, field creations? This would make life easier for a lot of vtiger devs and also would make it easy to port the platform.

Pleae let me know your thoughts, may be we can team up and come up with something useful to the community?

Best Regards,
Sukhdev Mohan | Software Developer