[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger CRM 7.3.0 (Hotfix2) Released (Uma S)

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Wed Oct 14 06:40:47 GMT 2020

Hi Bernard,

Thank you! For detailed explanation on version change with release.

I agree with major and minor release version changes, Which is followed by
Vtiger.

Version change with hotfix release is not possible, If at all it's not a
migration change as this bounds to migration and DB changes.

If we need to update the version with hotfix, Which needs to be updated
with DB as well to support dependencies. So we are depending on
patch_version for hotfix without DB changes.

Will surely consider and review if we can handle versioning for hotfix
going forward.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 1:51 AM Bernard Bailey <
bernard.bailey at dbconnects.com> wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> Surely we can get this into a naming convention which makes it easy to
> identify?
>
> Where n. is the major release
>
> n.1 is a minor release
>
> n.1.1 is a hotfix included release.
>
> So this current hotfixed release would look like 7.3.2.
>
> Any hotfixes should run in 3 paths; the first as above. The second as a
> Service Pack which includes all hotfixes to the current minor release.
> The third as an individual hot fix from the major release.
>
> This may seem a lot of detail; but look at how easy it is to understand.
>
> Uma, the community you are working with are saying this is REALLY
> important.  When you have listened to your community you have made
> changes and the plaudits have been plenty.
>
> So why the issue with changing part of the code packaging ONCE and not
> having this conversation every time there is a new release.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernard

With
Best Regards