[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger CRM 7.3.0 (Hotfix2) Released

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Tue Oct 13 15:34:24 GMT 2020

Hi All,

Sorry! I understand the sentiment with version numbering.

But, as per vtiger structure. Versioning is tightly bound to migration
changes.
Only if post release carries migration changes, we can increment the
version. If not repackaging with patch_version upgrade is the choice.

>>Or even call it 7.3.0.2,
Alan! As we are following the x.y.z format of versioning, We couldn't
support this change.
We do have specific tags <https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/tags>
created for each release.

>>https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/merge_requests/735
Matus! As this moreover looks like a bug, We can make this for an upcoming
release.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 8:26 PM Ing. Matus Sopko <sopko at its4you.sk> wrote:

> +1
>
> and why this hotfix was not added ?
>
> https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/merge_requests/735
>
> Hotfix3 now ;-)
>

> S pozdravom / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Ing. Matus SOPKO
>
> IT-Solutions4You s.r.o.
> Kancelária: Slovenská 69
> Sídlo: Frantiskanske nam.5
> 080 01 Prešov
> SLOVAKIA
> Tel./ Fax +421/ 51/ 7732370
> email: sopko at its4you.sk
> http://www.its4you.sk
> skype: matussopko
>
> Dňa 13. 10. 2020 o 16:42 Alan Lord napísal(a):
> > On 13/10/2020 15:35, Martin Allen wrote:
> >> Is there a reason why this still isn't version 7.3.1 ?
> >> It's impossible to tell if a CRM has the hotfix installed without
> >> delving into the code otherwise! If the version number is incremented
> >> (as per semantic version numbering guidelines) then we could tell
> >> from the UI which EXACT version it is.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > Al
> >
> > PS: Maybe it should actually be 7.3.2 now as there have been two
> > independent hotfixes.
> >
> > Or even call it 7.3.0.2, but I completely agree with the sentiment.
> > Each release should have a tag in in the repo and it should NEVER
> > change in Sourceforge or where ever the download lives. There are now
> > three _different_ versions of the 7.3.0 tarball in the wild.
> > http://www.vtiger.com/

With
Best Regards
Uma.S