[Vtigercrm-developers] Shared Lists - Shared Custom view - How to block higher roles from seeing all private lists

Simone Travaglini simonetravaglini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:32:20 GMT 2020

Hi Uma,
I can confirm that it's not a good functionality.
Suppose you have 100 user under your role and every user creates 10 lists,
you have 1000 lists in shared list.
Some customers have highlighted this issue also at our side, so I think you
have to manage in different way.
Thanks.

Il giorno ven 2 ott 2020 alle ore 16:03 Uma S <uma.s at vtiger.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Emmanuele,
>
> Sorry! this is not an issue, Users in higher role hierarchy can see all
> the lists created by lower ones that's the functionality.
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 9:03 PM Emmanuele Maida <emmanuele.maida at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Good morning to all. A vtiger feature has always left me very puzzled.
>> Why can those who have a higher role in the hierarchy (non admin) see all
>> the private lists created by the lower ones?
>>
>> If there are 10 users each with 10 private lists, whoever is above them
>> will be forced to see 100 shared lists that may not even interest them.
>>
>> I found some clues in modules/CustomView/models/Record.php, but I don't
>> understand what to modify to change this behavior.
>> I would like that only admin users can see all the private lists of those
>> below them, normal users should only see the shared lists.
>>
>> I would really appreciate if someone could help me! Thanks!

> With
> Best Regards
> Uma.S
> Vtiger Team

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!