[Vtigercrm-developers] displaytype in fields

Martin Allen martin.allen at clystnet.com
Thu Nov 12 07:55:28 GMT 2020

What we have managed to learn about the different display types (after
looking at the limited documentation, and years of working on vTiger!) are
that these are the different types:

1 - Displayed both in Detail view and Edit view
2 - Displayed only in the Detail view (Ex. Created time, Modified time)
3 - It is not displayed both in DetailView and EditView,but can be shown in
ListView
Example: Total, subtotal in Invoice Module. These Fields are not tied to
any block.
4 - Added for handling passwords.
5 - used for Inventory/LineItem Fields (so they don't show as a normal
field in a block)
6 - used for 'Starred' fields only (only show on List View and as separate
button on Detail View)

Defining these as constants with descriptive names would be AWESOME!!
Same for ui_type,
but also presence (which has 3x possible values) which we've worked out as
below:

0 = displayed & cannot be hidden via CRM Settings
1 = hidden & can be displayed via CRM Settings
2 = displayed & can be hidden via CRM Settings

What about event types too? (stops all this 'vtiger.entity.beforesave'
nonsense, and by defining them IDE's can handle them better and indicate
errors etc)

Martin Allen

*01392 248692 - Main Office01392 690659 - Direct Line*

*[image: signature2]*

Have you visited our website recently? https://www.clystnet.com
<http://www.clystnet.com/>

The information in this email is confidential If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not read or use that information. This email and any
attachments are believed to be virus free however no responsibility is
accepted by Clystnet for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt
or use thereof. Clystnet Ltd (company reg number 7164503) is based at
Silverdown Park, Fair Oak Close, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UX