[Vtigercrm-developers] Creating a custom UIType?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:40:22 GMT 2020

I want to add a new UIType field to vtiger 7 that displays an html
canvas element.

Am I right in thinking I should register it vtiger_ws_fieldtype and if I
give it a fieldtype of "canvas" then I can extend the Vtiger_Field_Model
to load it?

One thing I don't quite get is how in Detail Views the UIType template
file does not seem to be used at all - it only seems to be called for
Edit Views. So for Detail View do I need to modify the
DetailViewBlockView.tpl for all/any modules where I might want to use my
new field?

And in terms of choosing a UIType _number_ how do we prevent possible
collisions? I can choose something like 995 or whatever, but presumably
another developer could also choose the same number without knowing?

Cheers