[Vtigercrm-developers] I was seeing this quite often: [1205]Lock wait timeout exceeded

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:55:16 GMT 2020

Hi Alan,

this happens for us with InnoDB as well. The reason for this is actually
the locks which are acquired on crmentity table. And when workflows or
event handlers are triggered and if you have many update or create
operations, you will face this issue. We are working on fixing the issue,
to make the locks on database tables work properly. One of the other
reasons in our case is that we have many installations on the same DB
server and so it is quite busy, which amplifies the occurrence of this. As
of now we have limited the no. of triggers, workflows and modified certain
aspects of transactions.

There is another related issue which I already reported on code.vtiger.com
where CRM generates duplicate autogenerated numbers. In this case because
no lock is acquired!