[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger Community Edition Documentation

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Dec 25 11:56:07 GMT 2020

Dear Developers,

We would like to give an update on community wiki documentation.

We have created a separate project
<https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm-manual/wikis/home> (vtigercrm-manual)
specific to wiki documentation, Where the community can contribute with
required permissions.

Please have a look at defined guidelines
<https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm-manual#vtiger-crm-manual> for
contributing to the project.

Initially we have imported and created the basic documentations into the
project, going ahead let's together leverage with respect to requirements.

Now we are evaluating wiki for gitlab 13.7 latest version, Which gets more
features than what we have now. Specifically page history of vital
importance.
Where we are facing a road blocker to clear as defined below.

   - When upgrading beyond version 8 - error
   <https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/220159>
   - When upgrading beyond version 11 - error
   <https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/222815>

So we would like to spend some time (around 2 weeks), to get this addressed
and successfully migrate to a new version before accepting community
contribution.

Community contribution to address this issue on Gitlab for successful
migration to the new version is most welcome! Please lend a hand.

--
With
Best Regards