[Vtigercrm-developers] slow vtiger server

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 09:55:00 GMT 2020

The largest system I have runs vtiger and the mysql database on separate
amazon instances. This system has around 600 users and > 30m rows in
crmentity. The vtiger server has 30G of RAM, looks like it has 8 CPU
cores (no idea if virtual or not, but as it is on aws I guess they are),
and runs multiple applications - not just vtiger. In the config.inc.php
they have allowed up to 1G of ram:

 > ini_set('memory_limit','1024M');

I have no cli access to their database server so can't provide any idea
of specification but it will probably be pretty large as well - again it
handles multiple application databases.

Having said all that I have several other large customers where they run
everything on a single (virtual) machine.

What I would do *before* doing anything else is take your example
queries from below and DESCRIBE (or EXPLAIN) them. This will show you
how/if MySQL is using indexes. If the tables are not properly indexed it
will have a huge impact on performance.

Giving MySQL more RAM and tuning some of its parameters might also help;
but I am not a DBA and can't really suggest the best approach to
tuning... I'm sure Google can help here.

Finally - check the speed of the machines storage (discs). Older HDDs
are pretty slow - you might get a big performance improvement moving to
SSD or NVMe SSD.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

Al