[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

lucia digirolamo l.digirolamo at websonica.net
Wed Oct 9 07:45:04 GMT 2019

Hi,

I've created a module and linked the contact module to it with a
uitype10 field so now when I enter a record of my custom module I can
see the related contact associated to it. This works fine. My problem is
that the related contact field shows the name of the contact. Is there a
way to have another field shown in there instead of the name? So if a
contact has the name john doe and a code of 12345, I'd like to have the
code 12345 displayed in the custom module record instead of the name. Is
this possible?

Another question: vtiger 6 has a sort of popup that shows when you over
with the mouse on the related contact field and the popup shows a bunch
of information (name, email, phone number, etc). I cannot see this
option on vtiger 7: if I over on a related contact, all I see is the
name of the contact and nothing else. Is there a way to have the vtiger
6 popup on vitger 7 as well?