[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger compatibility with php 7.1

Sutharsan J ajstharsan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:05:04 GMT 2019

Hi Ruben

Vtiger supports up to  PHP 7.0.x.  Even php 7.1 active support already
ended and security updates will be ended within this year as per
https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

So it would be better to upgrade to PHP 7.3.   At the moment vtiger has
problems such as using empty [] to arrays.  We are looking for a chance to
upgrade it for a client. If that will happen i will  update.  You can find
more in php 7.1 change log <https://www.php.net/ChangeLog-7.php#PHP_7_1>

Thanks
Sutharsan Jeanathan

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 9:01 AM Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <rulotec1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether Vtiger is compatible with php 7.1. I couldn't find
> an official source about compatibility, so I tested it out.
>
> My conclusion: it's NOT. As an example, if you try drag n drop of events
> in calendar view, it won't work because of php 7.1. Switching to php 7.0 or
> 5.6 fixes the problem.
>
> anybody knows if compatibility with php 7.1 is planned  for the near
> future?

*Development Manager Radus28 Software Solution [image: Radus28 Software
Solution] 123, Level 2, Mc Larens Building Baudhaloka Mw. Colombo 04 Sri
Lanka M : +94773795291 E  : sutharsan at radus28.com <sutharsan at radus28.com> W
: www.radus28.com <http://www.radus28.com>*