[Vtigercrm-developers] How to unsubscribe

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Wed Oct 17 20:16:32 GMT 2018

Suite? Really?

SugarCRM decided to change their license for SugarCE to the infamous
AGPL license, which is considered one of the least beneficial licenses
from a business standpoint, and therefore is avoided by the majority of
serious companies. The companies that did pick software released under
AGPL (including SuiteCRM) most often don't understand the terms and
conditions the license imposes.

Unfortunately, SuiteCRM didn't stop at that. Their next mistake was
making a mess with the libraries, combining libraries incompatible with
their license… it's been going on for years. However, the most
outrageous, incomprehensible and reckless thing they did was changing
the original SugarCRM license and adding their own terms, which
practically allows SugarCRM to sue SuiteCRM and SuiteCRM's clients.
SuiteCRM should've picked a different open source system to fork,
unfortunately it's too late now, and they will have to deal with the
consequences of that decision.

It is worth reading this guide:
https://github.com/YetiForceCompany/guides/tree/master/en/licenses

---