[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger Thunderbird Extension

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:19:14 GMT 2018

As some may know - the recent release of Thunderbird 60 has rendered the
vtiger extension incompatible.

As some may also know I did a fair bit of work on it some years ago.

Mozilla, and Thunderbird specifically, have been in a rather hard place
to follow for the past few years and it became clear to me that for the
vtiger TB extension to be maintainable for a reasonable period into the
future it really needed re-writing from scratch.

This is something I have neither the time nor skill-set to accomplish.

If anyone fancies taking it on, or even just patching the most recent
release so it is compatible with TB60 then please feel free to have a go.

The source code is in the .xpi[1] file, the subversion repo on the forge
is still there[2] and I cloned that into code.vtiger.com[3] sometime
ago; but be aware I do not think this is up-to-date with the latest
0.512 package on the forge.

If anyone does decide to have a go - I'll need to talk to you about how
to sign the extension and make it available for automatic updates etc...
Email me.

Cheers

Al

[1] http://forge.vtiger.com/frs/?group_id=237