[Vtigercrm-developers] Adding link to module results in incorrect URL

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed Mar 21 13:58:33 GMT 2018

Hi all,
I'm trying to add a link to our organizations module. I've got it working,
by adding it directly to the PHP file. The problem is that VTiger modifies
the URL of my link, adding "&Module=" to the end. I gather that link URLs
are supposed to be either local to VTiger's path, or JS functions. How can
I get my link's URL to be left alone?

Here's what I did. This is in Modules/Accounts/Models/DetailView.php, just
above the "return $linkModelList;" line:

        //AutoDist addition: hard-code a link to Request Tracker in this
links list
        $rtLink = array(
            'linktype' => 'DETAILVIEWBASIC',
            'linklabel' => 'View AutoDist Tickets',
            'linkurl' => 'https://tickets.mysite.com', //this URL gets
modified by VT and I don't know how to stop it
            'linkicon' => ''
        );
        $linkModelList['DETAILVIEW'][] =
Vtiger_Link_Model::getInstanceFromValues($rtLink);

Eventually, I'll need to dynamically generate that URL, inserting the a
value from one of the organization's custom fields as part of the address.
If anyone has tips on that, I'd appreciate help there, too. For now,
though, I just need to get the link itself to work. I'm guessing at where
the code should go, so I'm very probably doing it all wrong. :) Thanks for
any help.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department