[Vtigercrm-developers] Automatically assigning emails to contacts?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Thu Mar 15 13:41:29 GMT 2018

Thanks, I didn't realize the scanner and converter were the same. Well, I
guess the converter is built on top of the scanner.

As someone said, though, this solution likely won't work in my situation.
Each of our CRM's users has between 200 and 500 contacts, and can gain or
lose contacts at any time. Thus, setting up a rule or mailbox for each one
isn't really feasible. I'd like to take the logic of the mail converter and
simply apply it across the board, attaching to or creating contacts as it
goes. That would be the ideal soution, as far as I can tell.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/03/18 13:12, Alex Hall wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion. Are there any resources for configuring this
>> Mailscanner? I found its code, and it looks like it runs through cron, but
>> I don't see any directions on how to tell it what to scan or what to do
>> with what it finds.
>>

> https://wiki.vtiger.com/vtiger6/index.php/Mail_Converter

Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department