[Vtigercrm-developers] Chrome "double" posting...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:53:53 GMT 2018

I'm seeing a very odd issue on a vtiger 7.1.0 system.

If I use the Add function from a related list, i.e. Add Contact from
within an Organisation, if the server that vtiger is running on is a bit
slow, then Google Chrome will submit 2 POST requests, generating 2
identical Contacts. This also seems to happen using Opera too.

Using Firefox, however, this does not happen.

I am using Ubuntu on my PC, but one of my customers has reported this
from a Windows 7 computer also.

Googling for this finds a large number of reports of Chrome doing
this... here is one example which has comments from 2010 up to Oct. 2017:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=64810

 From what I have read, it seems to be something to do with using things
like src='#' or href='#' or href='' in the markup, or even in css like
background:url(''). I know this kind of syntax is frequently used in vtiger.

So, 2 questions:

1. Anyone else seen this?
2. Any one got any ideas how to stop it from happening?