[Vtigercrm-developers] VTiger Document Preview Chrome Extension

Kunal Grover kunalgrover05 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:43:26 GMT 2018

Thank you guys for the work on the best OpenSource CRM in the industry.

Sadly, there is very little amount of community driven work around the Open
source version(very few number of plugins / supported tooling), I hope that
this changes very soon otherwise it will also drive down the development
and releases of the CRM itself.

This is my attempt at trying to change the landscape. I have created a
simple Chrome extension which shows Previews of Images on the Tickets page.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vtiger-document-preview-e/goajfpijnebddhecojpdbhpdjhconmdj
Here's the code:
https://github.com/kunalgrover05/vtiger-document-preview-chrome

It also overrides the Content-Disposition header received from VTiger
documents to allow viewing it in Browser. This makes it very easy to extend
to PDFs using an iFrame in the future.
Some of the discussions where it was brought up:
https://discussions.vtiger.com/discussion/43710/preview-document-pdf-in-browser

I would love to get feedback from others on whether you find this useful,
and what we should evolve it into. I also would like to know your views on
writing a Browser specific extension like this, instead of creating VTiger
plugins.

Kunal