[Vtigercrm-developers] RecurringInvoice Workflow custom function will not send email.

Brock Poirier brock at telecommetric.com
Thu Aug 30 02:39:40 GMT 2018

Hey Prasad,

Unfortunately not. It's quite odd. My custom function will send out email
successfully when an invoice is created manually through the frontend, but
it won't send when an invoice is created via RecurringInvoice workflow. I
feel like I've tried everything at this point.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 7:30 PM, S T Prasad <stprasad at stprasad.com> wrote:

> Hi Brock,
>
> Thought you had this sorted out? Or was that a different issue?
>

> With best regards,
>
> S.T.Prasad (Skype: stprasad at stprasad.com)
> Founder and Chief Shikari
> http://www.vtigress.com
> The Purr-fect mate for vTiger
> Certified Solution Partner for Asia and Africa
>
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 2:22 AM, brockTM <brock at telecommetric.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> My goal is to build a custom function that will email each invoice to a
>> client when they are created at the beginning of the month.
>>
>> The process should be pretty simple:
>> 1. Create workflow that is triggered on Invoice creation.
>> 2. Once triggered, invoke my custom function.
>> 3. My custom function uses PHPMailer to send an email to each client with
>> an
>> invoice associated to them.
>>
>> Now, the tricky part is this: The emails will send if I manually create an
>> invoice myself. But the emails will NOT send if the invoices are created
>> via
>> RecurringInvoice workflow. But I need the emails to send successfully when
>> the invoices are created via RecurringInvoice workflow! What's the
>> difference here? I'm pulling my hair out trying to come up with
>> something. I
>> receive an SMTP Connect failed error. But the only difference I can see is
>> whether the Invoices are created via RecurringInvoice or manually.
>>
>> Has anyone had a similar issue?
>> Or has anyone implemented functionality like this that they'd be willing
>> share/explain? It's crunch time over here.
>>
>> Thanks everyone, any help is appreciated at this point. If anyone needs
>> more
>> info, I'll be happy to provide it!
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers
>> -f4.html

Brock Poirier
Developer
[image: Telecom Metric Inc. logo]
t: 1.888.643.8395 <18886438395> Ext. 415
e: brock at telecommetric.com
w: www.telecommetric.com
[image: Facebook logo] <https://www.facebook.com/telecommetric/> [image:
LinkedIn logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/telecommetric> [image: