[Vtigercrm-developers] what's the purpose of scheduled import?

lucia digirolamo l.digirolamo at websonica.net
Wed Aug 29 07:45:21 GMT 2018

I never understood why vtiger automatically schedule imports above 1000
records. I find this limit to be too low and besides, should I be the
one to decide whether it is best for an import to be scheduled? I hoped
this limit would be increased in vtiger 7 but it's still there, so
there's must be a valid reason to have this kind of automatic behaviour.
Anybody knows why? And if it cannot be removed, is it safe to change the
frequency of scheduled import from 15 mins to less (maybe 5 or even
every min) ?

NOTE: this is not intended as a complain, I'm only trying to understand
why things are done this way and if I'm the only one that finds this
feature un-helpful