[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger Webservice 7 bug creating Users

IT&M srl - Giorgio Gasparella giorgio.gasparella at itempd.it
Mon Sep 25 12:54:58 GMT 2017

Hello everyone,
Recently we found a bug with the Vtiger 7 Webservice when creating a new User using the create method.
When we tried to create a new user the error thrown was the following:
'ACCESS_DENIED - Permission to perform the operation is denied for id'
We found that the issue is caused by a row in the table vtiger_ws_fieldtype which adds the roleid field as a reference type field.
This change was made in the script 660_to_700.php under the Migration module (row 17 of the file).
Can someone explain why this change was made? Will removing this row cause any issue?
Thanks for the feedback

Giorgio