[Vtigercrm-developers] vt7: Help with overriding Vtiger_RelatedRecordsAjax_Action->getRelatedRecordsCount()

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 10:07:15 GMT 2017

In a system I am building for a customer I have a custom related list
which shows a list of several related records from *different* modules
against a parent Account.

I have a custom module and in there I have a "InAccountsRelation" View
class which retrieves and then displays the data via a custom
RelatedList template - this part all works fine.

Unfortunately the standard Vtiger Ajax call to getRelatedRecordsCount
(the function that adds the numbers to the related list icons) fails
because this particular relation is a custom one and doesn't conform to
the procedure of the getInstance function in the
Vtiger_RelationListView_Model class (which would be in Accounts anyway).

So the question is how to work around this without modifying core code?

If that is not possible what is the least intrusive way to do this?

TIA