[Vtigercrm-developers] vt7: Default sort in Related Lists

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:43:40 GMT 2017

On 31/10/17 10:20, Manuel wrote:
> Isn´t related with this?
>
> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/merge_requests/34/diffs
>
> Also in config.performance.php
>
> // Turn-off default sorting in ListView, could eat up time as data grows
> 'LISTVIEW_DEFAULT_SORTING' => false,

Thanks - I think it is "kind of" related yes.

But as I understand it, if you turn on LISTVIEW_DEFAULT_SORTING it then
affects all List Views, and Related List Views, and you would then have
to go and edit every modules' Class file and change the:

> 	var $default_order_by = 'potentialname';
> 	var $default_sort_order = 'ASC';

to suit.

However, having just tested this, setting LISTVIEW_DEFAULT_SORTING =
true appeared to make no difference whatsoever - anywhere ;-)