[Vtigercrm-developers] Changing default view for all users

MrJingles paddy at renaissancegroup.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 14:57:21 GMT 2017

Hi Alan, Thanks as always for such a quick follow up.

I had previously tried this - directly setting the values in the
vtiger_user_module_preferences table. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The
process I followed for your clarity:

1. Logged in as administrator.
2. Created a new custom view for leads called 'Paddy Testing'. This view had
conditions applied.
3. Set the new custom view as public.
4. Identified the tabid for leads (7), identified the userid for the person
in question (21) and identified the custom view id for the view created
(242).
5. Made an entry in the vtiger_user_module_preferences table using these
three values.
6. Logged out as administrator and logged in as the user (id=21).
7. Went to the leads module and the All Leads view was the default.
8. I also couldn't access the view created by myself to set it as default. I
could select the view to apply it, just couldn't Edit it to set it as
default.

I believe that "I want to create a custom view, with a custom name, with
conditions applied, make this custom view public and then set it as the
default view for 1 or multiple users" just isn't possible!

Reading through the entirety of this post and familiarising myself with all
the things I've tried, I'm starting to think it's a dead end, but I'm happy
to try anything else you may suggest.

Thanks as always. Paddy