[Vtigercrm-developers] Q. on vt7 Detail/Summary view picklists

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 10:09:45 GMT 2017

I'm wanting to modify the options (remove some) available in a Picklist
using Ajax when in Detail View. (I haven't looked at this in Edit View yet).

Something is a bit odd...

After the first page load, but before you click the pencil icon to edit
the Picklist, none of the option values for the picklist seem to exist
in the DOM.

If I click on the pencil, then close the edit by clicking on the "X",
the values are now in the DOM.

Questions:

How can I update the values of a picklist before any user activity using
Ajax? e.g., Is there an event I can listen for which is populating the
DOM when I click on the pencil edit button?

Is this data reloaded every time that pencil is clicked or can I just
update the picklist once per page load?