[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 6.5: Examples of using Validation Engine without using button type="submit"?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:01:44 GMT 2017

I have quite a complex custom view/page in vtiger where I need the
client to populate some fields then click on a button.

When they click on the button the Validation engine runs and the results
are displayed in a Popup window if the Validation is good.

However, the only way I can get the Validation to run is to have the
button as type="submit". This then ends up triggering a page reload on
the original page which I do not want. I have tried various

form.submit(function(e) {
	e.preventDefault();
});

and trying to

return false;

from the event handler but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone think of any examples in the vtiger codebase where the
Validation Engine is being used, but without using a button of type
submit that I can review for a cluebat?

Cheers