[Vtigercrm-developers] Make address-country a picklist?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:18:53 GMT 2016

On 19/09/16 09:44, socialboostdk wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a client who wants the country-field to be a picklist instead of
> freetext. This actually makes very good sense to me, as "Disneyland"
> will never be a valid country, and spelling of real contries should
> never differ in order to search by country, etc.
>
> Are there any issues with just de-activating current country field and
> add picklist?
>
> I'm thinking "yes" beacuse the functions to copy address data etc - but
> any ida on what to do?

We've done this for a few customers... It is a royal PITA because of the
various different tables, columnnames and ways addresses are stored.
What that means is you will need to create several completely separate
Picklists to store the Country values.

Here's a script that might help you to do what you want though ;-)

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23202014/

Cheers

Al

PS: The copy address function works fine IIRC.