[Vtigercrm-developers] In defense of Vtiger or Why not to indulge in flaming the Vtiger team

S T Prasad stprasad at stprasad.com
Wed Sep 14 18:53:17 GMT 2016

Hello Community,

I am an infrequent participant, but a regular recipient of community
opinion on Vtiger.

As all of us know, Vtiger has to make money out of its business model of
OnDemand and its availability. Doubtless, its a huge effort to satisfy the
needs of paying customers as well as those who wish to go with the Open
Source version.

There are many among'st us, for whom the Vtiger Open Source availability,
provides livelihood. We may crib, we may complain, we may give vent to or
frustration,

BUT

many of us make a decent livelihood as Vtiger consultants

spare a thought for those who have made it possible to making what Vtiger
is today.

Our ranting at the Vtiger team, is not going to help them. Maybe there is a
change required in the way, we contribute, and participate in a more
meaningful manner.

Forks happen, shifts to other Open Source CRMs happen, but whats the
mechanism to encourage pickup of the community contributions? Have any
forks or other efforts gained serious traction, or now are has beens in the
bottom of the CRM pile?

Will the community be able to pick the tab on qualifying the suggested
contributions?

In the same breath, I also sincerely request the Vtiger team, to select a
small group from the community, who they trust, to whom they can delegate
community activity to. A community in true sense is just that. A commune.

--
With best regards,

S.T.Prasad

http://www.vtigress.com